Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Jamaica Greater Antilles Pastel Seascape Painting Phyllis O'Shields Contemporary Impressionism


Jamaica Greater Antilles Seascape
Pastel on Paper unmated 19 x 24 inches
  ©PhyllisO’Shields 2010
Jamaica's beaches are beautiful and private.  I visit Ocho Rios for at least  two weeks each year for plein air painting, usually in pastel. Ah, the joys of painting plein air... This was a challenge - I started early in the morning but as the morning progressed I was attacked by sand fleas... really a labor of love, but worth the effort. The next morning I went out equipped with bug spray.

 This pastel was painted at one of my favorite desolate beaches. Jamaica is beautiful in its combination of beaches with aqua water and the heavy  foliage in the Blue Mountains.
  I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed creating the painting.  

Phyllis O'Shields Contemporary Impressionist Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments