Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuscany Sunflower Series II Pastel, by P O'Shields



Tuscany Sunflower Series II
 

Pastel 12 x 16 without mat
 Canson Mi-Teintes
copyright 2010 PO'Shields

 
My Inspiration:  Sunflowers on the back roads of Tuscany.
When visiting Tuscany each year I paint Sunflowers, Lavender and Olive Trees.  Each Tuscan Sunflower is  different with it's own personality,  thus I usually sketch en plein air
 the one that jumps out at me.
The best way to find sunflowers in Tuscany is drive on small roads in the countryside
 in   
Val d’Orcia or  Maremma  -


There is nothing more beautiful than the Tuscan fields of golden sunflowers surrounding a golden rustic house with a terra cotta roof.  These are views that I use in large paintings, but for the sketching en plein air there is always one sunflower among the many that calls out to be drawn. I will be posting over the next few weeks series of these plein air sketches. 

Bravissima!

For more information on this painting please visit  my
website - click into the European Collection

Phyllis O'Shields Artist , Contemporary Impressionism
You may reach P. O’Shields regarding the purchase prices  her available artworks at the studio 704.394.7382 or by emailing her at    poshields@oshieldsfineart.com 
Skype: p.o.oshields.jones



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments